The Yogi Coach
My mission is to guide each student down the path of yoga in a safe and caring fashion that is best for them.
About the Studio
built by a yogi for a yogi
Designed and built in 2011 by The Yogi Coach himself. Located on Rt 11 in North Syracuse, NY within minutes of I81 exit 26 (Mattydale), I90 and Syracuse airport making it easily accessible to the greater Syracuse area.
The modern eco-friendly studio is constructed with all natural materials of wood, glass, stone and woven strand bamboo creating a durable and pristine environment to practice yoga. The physical location of the studio is setback far enough away from major thoroughfares and business’s keeping distractions to a minimum. In addition, the airy and soothing ambiance makes for an enhanced yoga experience.
- Easy access and onsite free parking
- Quiet, soothing and peaceful ambiance
- Simple and zen-like
- Indirect and natural diffused lighting
- Pure 100% woven strand bamboo flooring
- Franciscan slate entryway
- State-of-the art sound system
About The Yogi Coach
Certifications – Training
- Certified 200 hour Hatha Yoga instructor, RYT-200
- Instruct in Ashtanga, Baptiste, Kripalu, Vinyasa & Restoration
- Attend annual advance training by Ashtanga guru, David Swenson, Boston
- Trained with Baron Baptiste, Boston
- Prior experience as a fitness club yoga instructor
- Also practiced in Bikram & Yin-Yang
Yoga has so much to offer, yet it is so misunderstood. Honoring the ageless practice of yoga is invigorating, refreshing and creates that special vitality we all seek. However, new students sometimes do not see the benefits at first. Some poses may seem overwhelming, or their focus becomes distracted and even breathing techniques can become a challenge. Yet other times physical limitations seem to be a hurdle which leads to frustration. Hopefully, my goal is to teach with a special care, focusing on individualistic needs and working as a team to overcoming each obstacle that presents itself. Yoga offers something for everyone.
The Yogi Coach believes yoga serves everyone and offers programs just for that purpose:
- Discounts for those unemployed struggling with stress and anxiety who would like to learn how yoga can help during this unsettling period.
- Senior discounts for those wishing to experience the special vitality yoga offers us in our golden years.
- Full-time student discounts for full-time matriculated students seeking to maintain their yoga practice while attending school.
- Single parents on a limited income wanting to maintain harmony in their lives with the practice of yoga.
- Those on a fixed budget having a passion for yoga but find the cost not within their means.
The Yogi Coach is proud to support Central New York community causes:
- Sole sponsor of a 2011 & 2012 Samaritan dinner that has fed over 350 less fortunate in the Syracuse area the last two years.
- Assisted in My Best Friend Raffle raising $10,000 for Luke, a Camillus autistic child that received a specially trained service dog in the spring of 2010.
- Assisted in Styles and Sweets for Scholars fund-raiser to establish scholarships for our CNY youths.
- Assisted in fund-raising for The Phoenix community park children’s playground.
- Offers special program for the unemployed, as well as senior and student discounts.
A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives roses. ~ Chinese Proverb