Sat Gentle Yoga @ 9 am
Gentle Yoga is intended for all students regardless of level. Students will be guided through poses and modifications will be offered. The class offers advanced yoga students the opportunity to deepen and refine their own practice.
Prerequisites: Gentle Yoga is a form of Hatha Yoga which requires students to perform some physical activities. If you have medical restrictions preventing you from performing weight bearing activities or are unable to go from a seated position on the floor to standing without assistance, then this class is NOT a good fit for you. Please consult with your physician if there is any doubt or concern regarding your own specific situation. If there are any additional questions regarding this requirement, please contact The Yogi Coach.
Students will be instructed in yoga poses (asana), guided in breathing techniques (prana), and instructed in proper alignment and modifications. Each yoga pose will be presented in a delicate and detailed manner. Special attention and focus will be on pose alignment, breathing techniques and learning modification techniques based on one’s limitations. Students will learn how to use props. Class routines will vary - each having a different emphasis and focus.
Class intended for:
- New students of yoga just starting out.
- An experienced yoga student seeking to refine one’s practice.
- Wishing to learn basic Hatha Yoga techniques – breathing, poses and relaxation.
- Those seeking to reduce stress and anxiety as well as learning relaxation techniques.
- Students interested in improving ones’ overall wellness.
- Improving physical strength, cleansing the mind and improving one’s mental focus.